"When I get new evidence I change my mind. What do you do?" John Maynard Keynes
- Andy Thomas Closes His Eyes
- In the Whole of the River
- The Catch
- Amusement Park
- Missed-Understood and the Web of Hypotheses
- Inevitable Nexus When Fear Runs the Numbers
- The Smoothing Factor
- Sweetly Focused Nora Bateson
- Teaching Story – The Great Warrior
- Cat Toy?
- Cat Spat
- The Precarity of the Estimate
- Artist’s Way of Flow
- Being a Hippie Changes Something
- Periodic Table – a web side street
Connect Megoogle+ Linkedin Facebook Twitter visual experimentation Learning Partner: Experience-based Learning Systems, Inc. Profile academia.edu sound design and music: nogutsnoglorystudios Imaginal Musicology Rhythm River Twitter (Kamelmauz) Recordings Kamelmauz.Bandcamp Dr. Abdullah Ibrahim Mantra Modes (on hiatus)
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology charlatanry civic intelligence cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball fun as a value humor irrationality management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- Everyone's Relationship on Witches of East End Is FUCKED August 28, 2014Name any two characters on Witches of East End, and I'll tell you how their relationship is completely fucked. Because that was the theme of this week. That, and the appearance of James Marsters and Eddie McClintock. Welcome, genre stalwarts, to Witches of East End. It's ridiculous.Read more...
- The Whole "Magpies Like Shiny Objects" Thing Is Vicious Bird Slander August 28, 2014At least according to new research from Exeter University. According to a study conducted by the university's Centre for Research in Animal Behaviour (CRAB), not only do they not steal shiny objects, they're afraid of them.Read more...
- Behold: Wonder Woman With a Lightsaber on a Two-Headed Unicorn August 28, 2014That's a lot of awesome packed into one image. See the full thing below.Read more...
- A Fan Video That Celebrates Marvel's Quieter Moments August 28, 2014The Marvel movies rightly get praise for their action and their witty writing, but Gen Kim has made a video that focuses on the universe's more subtle moments. Without dialogue, and set to José González's "Stay Alive," the emotion the actors convey with their faces and body language are thrown into stark relief.Read more...
- Adam West's Batman: The Animated Series Character Gets His Own Fan Film August 28, 2014According to Batman: The Animated Series, young Bruce Wayne grew up watching the pulp adventures of the Gray Ghost (voiced by none other than Adam West) on television. And the first half of this Gray Ghost fan film feels like a dream the adult Batman might have after falling asleep watching old episodes.Read more...
- Everyone's Relationship on Witches of East End Is FUCKED August 28, 2014
- When 3D Scanning and Printing Meets Comic Books August 27, 2014
- The Automaphone: A Picture Scanning Synthesiser August 27, 2014
- The Tinker Room at Ottawa’s Mini Maker Faire August 27, 2014
- Coming Soon To New York: An Entire 3D Printed Estate August 27, 2014
- How the Makers at Nomiku Are Moving Manufacturing Into The Bay Area August 27, 2014