In ancient Greece, the masculine was trying to find consciousness and the hero was the great myth. It summoned great power â€” even into the first world war. The more matter you had, the more power you had â€” the more you were the great hero. The massacre that happened at Vimy Ridge and other places really made people question the great hero myth. And certainly the second world war brought it home even more. And Vietnam really ended it.
As I see it, patriarchy became a power principle. It really has very little to do with masculinity. The genuine creative masculine was massacred by patriarchy just as much as femininity was.
The virgin, as I use the word, is the initiated virgin â€” the feminine of men and women that has worked very hard to find her own values. She is able to sound into her musculature â€” this is my emotion right now, these are my values. I speak from my heart, my gut, and this is who I am. And she is sexually alive.
This femininity brings men, women and children into their bodies so they experience life. The sacredness of the body is the container that opens to spirit.
The consciousness I am talking about has never been on earth before.
Excerpted from an interview by Alice Klein with Jungian analyst, Marion Woodman
some of my outposts
squareONE-learning | transformative learning
- Down the Middle
- Between and Betwixt
- Conference of the Birds
- We have created a Star Wars civilization, with Stone Age emotions — E.O.Wilson
- Dual Preoccupations
- Better Than the Bird’s Eye View
- Guitars vs Erasure
- On and On and On
- Almost Random MadLib
- End of a Paragraph
- A Best Of My Own Art Work 2017 – Part 3 – Large Art Works
- A Best Of My Own Art Work 2017 – Part 2 – Small Art Works
- A Best Of My Own Art Work 2017 – Part 1 – Mandalas and Circular Pieces
- Dharma Wheels
- Happy Holidays
- Join Us Today For A Live Tour Of The Makerspace At Rice University January 16, 2020
- Get Early Bird Tickets To Construct 3D January 16, 2020
- CADUS: A Crisis Response Makerspace In Berlin January 14, 2020
- In Search of DIY Products at CES 2020 January 14, 2020
- Why the Maker Community is Important After Natural Disasters January 13, 2020