Post-partisan, global, unity sounds compiled by my music montage-making alter ego, Dub Collision, available as an mp3 download over at nogutsnoglory, my music blog.
Dec.12-2014 Program: Analytical Psychology Society of Western NY, Repairing the Opposites, Doubling Stars, Turning Swine Into Pears - myself, with Kenneth Warren
- Am I Understood?
- Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi explains. . .
- Three Dreams, Late Summer 2014
- Kippie In Repose
- Teaching Cartoon – Systems are not in Nature, they are in the mind of humans.
- Alice’s Restaurant of the Sacred
- Re: Sam Harris Solves the Problem of Islamic Faith
- Fall of the Rebel Angels
- It’s All In the Head
- A Debacle
- Sam Harris Solves the Problem of Islamic Faith
- Cat Vision
- Deeply 80th Birthday Abdullah Ibrahim
- Relishing the Friend
- Loosing My Cool in the Cool
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
- Three Dreams, Late Summer 2014
- Generative Alchemy
- Inside the Psychologist’s Studio With Albert Bandura
- Roots of My Urbanology (II.)
- Leave-taking is as necessary as the homecoming (I.)
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology buddhism charlatanry cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball Gregory Bateson humor management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources Rumi science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- Who's The Best (Or Worst) Brand New Addition To An Existing Universe? November 20, 2014Stories change over time, and characters get added or subtracted every time a story is retold. And sometimes, an existing universe gains a new character who adds something special. Or not so special. Who's the best (or worst) brand new addition to an existing group of characters?Read more...
- Nature's Candids: The Best Wildlife Camera-Trap Photography Of 2014 November 20, 2014BBC Wildlife has selected its favorite photographs of the year — but not the ones taken by actual photographers. Rather, these photos were taken by automated camera-traps — and they're surprisingly awesome.Read more...
- Have We Stopped Fearing Nuclear War? November 20, 2014It came up the other night as dinner conversation. "Where do you think the next nuclear war will break out?" I asked. Everybody had an opinion.Read more...
- Meryl Streep Gives Us Chills Singing "Stay With Me" From Into The Woods November 20, 2014If you had any doubts about Meryl Streep taking on Into The Wood'scoveted part of the Witch, check them at the door. This is the first long clip of Streep singing the highly emotional "Stay With Me" from the movie adaptation. And it's just great. Read more...
- Deadspin The Amazing True Story Of My Exploding Balls | Jalopnik How Formula One Actually Works: A G November 20, 2014Deadspin The Amazing True Story Of My Exploding Balls | Jalopnik How Formula One Actually Works: A Guide For Confused Americans | Jezebel Lessons on Love and Marriage From Charles Manson and His Fiancée | Lifehacker The Best Bedroom Upgrades for a Better Night's Sleep | Kinja Popular Posts Read more...
- Who's The Best (Or Worst) Brand New Addition To An Existing Universe? November 20, 2014
- Eric Huebsch’s Humorous Blinking Rock Sculpture November 21, 2014
- New Project: Solder a “Draailampje” Mini Flip Light November 20, 2014
- DiResta: Inc. Clock Sign November 20, 2014
- New Project: Cycle Chaser November 20, 2014
- New Project: August Möbius and his Twisted Cylinder November 20, 2014
Related Posts (YARPP)