Post-partisan, global, unity sounds compiled by my music montage-making alter ego, Dub Collision, available as an mp3 download over at nogutsnoglory, my music blog.
Dec.12-2014 Program: Analytical Psychology Society of Western NY, Repairing the Opposites, Doubling Stars, Turning Swine Into Pears - myself, with Kenneth Warren
- Bird Land
- Deep Ecology Foundation
- Low Tech
- Crown of Creation
- DeBate Son
- Pagan Waterworld
- Am I Understood?
- Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi explains. . .
- Three Dreams, Late Summer 2014
- Kippie In Repose
- Teaching Cartoon – Systems are not in Nature, they are in the mind of humans.
- Alice’s Restaurant of the Sacred
- Re: Sam Harris Solves the Problem of Islamic Faith
- Fall of the Rebel Angels
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
- Three Dreams, Late Summer 2014
- Generative Alchemy
- Inside the Psychologist’s Studio With Albert Bandura
- Roots of My Urbanology (II.)
- Leave-taking is as necessary as the homecoming (I.)
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology buddhism charlatanry cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball Gregory Bateson humor management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources Rumi science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- Babies With 'Three' Parents Are About To Become A Reality In Britain December 19, 2014The U.K. is set to be the first country in the world to legalize a controversial three-parent reproductive technique. Read more...
- What's The Best Example Of Science Fiction Subverting A Stereotype? December 18, 2014Science fiction and fantasy are supposed to be mind-expanding and thoughtful — but sometimes these genres fall prey to dumb stereotypes. So it's always thrilling when they manage to rise above and do something different. What's the best example of genre storytelling that avoids (or subverts) a stereotype?Read more...
- On The 100, You Can Be A Fool For Love Or You Can Be A Lunatic For Love December 18, 2014If any character has changed for the worse on The 100 while living on the ground, it's Finn. But this week's episode reveals that Finn has always done things for love that can get him killed. The question is whether he'll manage to survive this time around.Read more...
- Ascension Ends With A Final Supreme Moment Of WTF December 18, 2014So we didn't especially like Ascension's first chapter, which seemed to promise one thing and then deliver another. Fortunately, the second and third chapters had better pacing and some great moments... before ending with another huge moment of WTF. Spoilers ahead...Read more...
- Meet The Modern Day King Arthur's Court In 6 Kingsman Featurettes December 18, 2014Kingsman: The Secret Service is a return to the world of spy-fi—the fun, gadget-filled, sexually deviant spy films where you just want to see a total lunatic try and take over the world. Six new character intros take you deeper into the new world. You guys are going to love it. Read more...
- Babies With 'Three' Parents Are About To Become A Reality In Britain December 19, 2014
- New Project: Coffee Cup Spy Cam December 18, 2014
- BIOFABRICATE: There’s a bio-revolution on the horizon! December 18, 2014
- New Project: Extend The Life Of Your Gates By Adding A Gate Wheel December 18, 2014
- Unlocking Circuits the Maker Way December 18, 2014
- Freaky Organic Apparel “Grown” and 3D Printed December 18, 2014
Related Posts (YARPP)