"When I get new evidence I change my mind. What do you do?" John Maynard Keynes
- Inevitable Nexus When Fear Runs the Numbers
- The Smoothing Factor
- Sweetly Focused Nora Bateson
- Teaching Story – The Great Warrior
- Cat Toy?
- Cat Spat
- The Precarity of the Estimate
- Artist’s Way of Flow
- Being a Hippie Changes Something
- Periodic Table – a web side street
- Why Do Fallibilists and Nominalists Have Anything to Say At All?
- Meta Plus Recursion (and a topos for truthiness)
- More Bloomin’
- Bloomin’, if you cannot beat ‘em, take a closer look
- New URL for Symmetry-Hypotheses
Connect Megoogle+ Linkedin Facebook Twitter visual experimentation Learning Partner: Experience-based Learning Systems, Inc. Profile academia.edu sound design and music: nogutsnoglorystudios Imaginal Musicology Rhythm River Twitter (Kamelmauz) Recordings Kamelmauz.Bandcamp Dr. Abdullah Ibrahim Mantra Modes (on hiatus)
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology charlatanry civic intelligence cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball fun as a value humor irrationality management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- Deadspin We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. August 20, 2014Deadspin We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us. | Gawker Israel Launches Series of Airstrikes, Kills Hamas Chief's Wife and Son | Gizmodo Ferguson Police Will Finally Get the One Device They Really Need | Jezebel Nicki Minaj's Video for 'Anaconda' Is Finally Here Read more...
- The Secret Origin Of The Godawful '90s Fantastic Four Movie Revealed August 20, 2014In 1994, king of the shlock moviemakers Roger Corman was hired to produce a Fantastic Four movie with almost no resources in order for the Neue Constantin film company just to keep the FFfilm rights. Supposedly the film was never meant to be seen — but this new documentary argues otherwise.Read more...
- We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us. August 20, 2014The United States has no database of police shootings. There is no standardized process by which officers log when they've discharged their weapons and why. There is no central infrastructure for handling that information and making it public. Researchers, confronted with the reality that there are over 17,000 law enforcement agencies in the country, ar
- Does This Set Photo Mean Yet Another Hero Is In Batman V. Superman? August 20, 2014An intriguing photo from the set of Batman V. Superman surfaces—but what does it mean? See all of the episode descriptions for Doctor Who's new series. Plus, which Marvel characters might be next in line for their very own movies? Spoilers now!Read more...
- The Ships Gathered to Debate Their Next Move August 20, 2014We never quite knew what the Ships were planning, though they always seemed to keep us in mind as a benevolent afterthought. But when this many came together, something was up. Especially when the Evisceration Class vehicle arrived.Read more...
- Deadspin We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. August 20, 2014
- DIY Audio Book Reader for Grandfather Losing Sight August 20, 2014
- Are you experiencing problems with your new MicroView? August 20, 2014
- New Project: Retro R/C Racer August 20, 2014
- Mokena Mini Maker Faire Call for Makers August 19, 2014
- 3D Printed PayPal Coin Bank August 19, 2014