"When I get new evidence I change my mind. What do you do?" John Maynard Keynes
- Bloomin’, if you cannot beat ‘em, take a closer look
- New URL for Symmetry-Hypotheses
- Its quaint events were hammered out
- The McGurk Effect
- Chiara Lubich Reformulated for Public Libraries
- Eyes Have It
- You’ve Been Warned
- Teaching Cartoon: Destiny
- Thinking About Tomorrow
- Typological Shifting
- Mirroring NASA Galactic Photos
- Tumblr Site for Symmetry Series
- Bambino Communicates
- Degrees of Becoming
Connect Megoogle+ Linkedin Facebook Twitter visual experimentation Learning Partner: Experience-based Learning Systems, Inc. Profile academia.edu sound design and music: nogutsnoglorystudios Imaginal Musicology Rhythm River Twitter (Kamelmauz) Recordings Kamelmauz.Bandcamp Dr. Abdullah Ibrahim Mantra Modes (on hiatus)
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology charlatanry civic intelligence cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball fun as a value humor irrationality management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- First Mockingjay Trailer Shows Off Julianne Moore As President Coin July 28, 2014Both Julianne Moore and Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer enter the world of the Hunger Games with this trailer for Mockingjay, Part 1. It's all-out war as Katniss steps into her role as the symbol of the rebellion.Read more...
- Brand New Avengers 2 Props Reveal Ultron Mark One July 28, 2014Today, Marvel is displaying a whole slew of props from Avengers 2 — including Ultron's Mark One (the body he cobbles together for himself before attacking Earth's mightiest heroes) and Captain America's cracked shield. Read more...
- Propaganda Posters From The Dawn Of Star Wars' Galactic Empire July 28, 2014When the Empire rises in the wake of Revenge of the Sith, it doesn't merely want to rule the Galaxy with an cybernetically enhanced fist; it also wants to win hearts and minds. So the Star Wars: Rebels team developed propaganda posters for the fledgling Galactic Empire.Read more...
- You'll probably have a better day if you strike up a conversation with a stranger on the bus or trai July 27, 2014You'll probably have a better day if you strike up a conversation with a stranger on the bus or train. New psychological research shows that commuters mostly believed that talking to strangers would make their journeys worse, but discovered after doing it that it almost always made them better.Read more...
- This Could Be the Greatest Advance in Water Balloon Technology Ever July 27, 2014Shut up about your high tech super soakers, because Bunch O Balloons is about to take water fights to the next level. Just look at it! You can fill like a zillion balloons all at once, and then DRIVE YOUR ENEMIES BEFORE YOU.Read more...
- First Mockingjay Trailer Shows Off Julianne Moore As President Coin July 28, 2014
- Hanging 3D Galaxy Mobile July 28, 2014
- How-To: Darth Vader Stove July 28, 2014
- Digioxide: A Portable Device That Makes Art Out of Environmental Pollution July 28, 2014
- Maker Faire Detroit: Day 1 in Pictures July 27, 2014
- Maker Hangar 2: 08 – Flying the Maker Trainer 2 July 27, 2014