Dec.12-2014 Program: Analytical Psychology Society of Western NY, Repairing the Opposites, Doubling Stars, Turning Swine Into Pears - myself, with Kenneth Warren
- Bird Land
- Deep Ecology Foundation
- Low Tech
- Crown of Creation
- DeBate Son
- Pagan Waterworld
- Am I Understood?
- Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi explains. . .
- Three Dreams, Late Summer 2014
- Kippie In Repose
- Teaching Cartoon – Systems are not in Nature, they are in the mind of humans.
- Alice’s Restaurant of the Sacred
- Re: Sam Harris Solves the Problem of Islamic Faith
- Fall of the Rebel Angels
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
- Three Dreams, Late Summer 2014
- Generative Alchemy
- Inside the Psychologist’s Studio With Albert Bandura
- Roots of My Urbanology (II.)
- Leave-taking is as necessary as the homecoming (I.)
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology buddhism charlatanry cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball Gregory Bateson humor management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources Rumi science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- Quite Possibly The Best Amazon Warrior Queen Pep Talk Ever Filmed December 20, 2014What makes this scene from 1974's Battle of the Amazons so wonderful? Is it the incredibly bad dubbing from the original Italian into English? Is it the Amazon Queen announcing that their men are used up and it's time to go steal some new ones? Or just the whole insane package?Read more...
- New Daredevil Pics Show Off The Superhero's Low Budget Costume December 20, 2014New images from the (from what we've seen ) very exciting Daredevil Netflix series give us more shots of Daredevil's new look. Or should we say retro shout-out to an older comic book look? Read more...
- Once It Was A Corpse. Now It's A Monument. December 20, 2014The children were too young to remember the horror of invasion, of those things with their almost human faces devouring acres upon acres of crops and livestock. Now they treated the bodies as playgrounds, playing tag in the digestive tracts, sliding down the legs, even making out atop their frozen foreheads.Read more...
- Nifty Concept Art Of Captain Cold And Ra's Al Ghul On Flash And Arrow December 20, 2014The CW's DC Comics superhero shows have been including some pretty major comics villains lately. Here's some early concept art that shows early looks for Ra's Al Ghul (by Andy Poon) and Captain Cold (by John Gallagher.) Check out more of both artists at the links. [via Comic Book Movie]Read more...
- Why Is Venus So Horrible? December 20, 2014Seriously, Venus is the worst. The global temperature is as hot as an oven, the atmospheric pressure is 90 times Earth, and it rains sulfuric acid. Every part of the surface of Venus would kill you dead in moments. But how did it get that way?Read more...
- Quite Possibly The Best Amazon Warrior Queen Pep Talk Ever Filmed December 20, 2014
- It’s A New Filament Friday! New Flexibles and Metals December 20, 2014
- Dremel Idea Builder 3D Printer Giveaway: The Winner Announced! December 19, 2014
- DIY Decoy Gift Wrapping December 19, 2014
- 3D Printed Replacement Feet for IKEA Gilbert Chair December 19, 2014
- Anouk’s New Creation: Intel Edison Based Spider Dress 2.0 December 19, 2014