…following from Whatever Happened to Winter.
"When I get new evidence I change my mind. What do you do?" John Maynard Keynes
- Nelson Mandela
- Teaching Cartoon: Two On ‘Timing’ & a Tale
- THE VOID (trailer)
- Humberto Maturana & Heinz von Foerster: Meta-Science, Reflection
- Visual Experiment: On the Trail (ARK)
- Teaching Cartoons: Instrumentality 1 & 2
- Mandorla: Trailer
- A Hidden ‘Meta’
- Who Are Your Luminaries?
- Everyone is going one place or the other, ‘cept corporations
- Kippie’s Ekaya
- Free Play Softball League: Ludic Aspirations & the Blue Men Group
- Symmetry Visual Experiment
- Teaching cartoon: Preparation
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology charlatanry civic intelligence cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball fun as a value humor irrationality management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- OMG it's the Mega Shark vs. Mecha Shark trailer! December 7, 2013Possibly the greatest epic in Syfy Movie of the Week history is coming soon — and we've got the trailer! This time, there is a GIANT SHARK ROBOT.Read more... […]
- We secret our vessels here, in the lee of the magnetic field December 7, 2013In the most remote crags of the ice-buried mountains of the southern ice cap, the pirate crew had a safe house. Read more...
- All the fake movies that we really want to see December 7, 2013From re-imagining James Bonds' retirement plan (to make and market his own line of artisan sorbets, naturally) to finally giving us the Robocop reboot that we really want to see, these fake movie posters are all perfect. Read more...
- Therapy, Vampire Diaries-Style! December 7, 2013Is this clip the most ludicrous thing you've ever seen, or just one of the most ludicrous things? It's Stefan's therapy session from last night's Vampire Diaries, and it's Exhibit A for why I still love this show. Read more... […]
- First scientific paper to be released in Elvish, Dwarvish and English December 7, 2013University of Bristol climate scientist Dan Lunt, writing under the name Radagast the Brown, released a paper today where he used powerful supercomputers to model the climate of Middle Earth. So of course he had to release it in Dwarvish, Elvish and English. He made some fascinating scientific observations, too.Read more...
- OMG it's the Mega Shark vs. Mecha Shark trailer! December 7, 2013
- Maker’s Portfolio Video Becomes Touching Remembrance December 7, 2013
- Let’s Talk 3D Printing with Children December 7, 2013
- In The Shed: Shiny! New! Ultimaker 2! December 6, 2013
- Weekend Projects HOA – License Plate Guitar LIVE NOW! December 6, 2013
- Hacker Convention EHSM Issues Call for Proposals December 6, 2013