Scale of the Universe Partition a half hour out of your striving and dig this…by far the most humbling experience the inter tubes have provided me.
Dec.12-2014 Program: Analytical Psychology Society of Western NY, Repairing the Opposites, Doubling Stars, Turning Swine Into Pears - myself, with Kenneth Warren
- Nice Guys Finish
- Around and Round, and Never Off the Surface
- Between Heaven and Hell
- Imaginal Cybernetics, the Demonic Daemon, Deep Play
- Creative Workflow – Cat Trying to Swallow Its Own Tail
- Esoteric Intra-Image Dialectic
- Two Teaching Cartoons
- By Nothingness to Nirvana, Beyond Contrivance
- Andy Thomas Closes His Eyes
- In the Whole of the River
- The Catch
- Amusement Park
- Missed-Understood and the Web of Hypotheses
- Inevitable Nexus When Fear Runs the Numbers
Connect Megoogle+ Linkedin Facebook Twitter visual experimentation Learning Partner: Experience-based Learning Systems, Inc. Profile academia.edu sound design and music: nogutsnoglorystudios Imaginal Musicology Rhythm River Twitter (Kamelmauz) Recordings Kamelmauz.Bandcamp Dr. Abdullah Ibrahim Mantra Modes (on hiatus)
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology charlatanry cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball fun as a value Gregory Bateson humor irrationality management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- The eruption of Bárðarbunga has been so large that it's added a landmass the size of Manhattan to Ic September 23, 2014The eruption of Bárðarbunga has been so large that it's added a landmass the size of Manhattan to Iceland, say volcanologists. The volcano, which began erupting late last month and continues to erupt now, has added more than 14 miles of land to the island nation... and counting.Read more...
- Cellular Toggle Switch Could Herald An Anti-Aging Breakthrough September 23, 2014Researchers at the Salk Institute have discovered a toggle switch for aging cells. By controlling the growth of telomeres, it may eventually be possible to coax healthy cells to keep dividing and generating even in old age.Read more...
- Seriously, This Trailer For Ghibli's Princess Kaguya Is Simply Stunning September 23, 2014Every scrap of footage from Studio Ghibli's The Tale of Princess Kaguya makes me want a US release yesterday. Now we've got the full English-language trailer, and it is another beauty.Read more...
- Icons RPG Will Have You Playing Your Own Superhero In 15 Minutes September 23, 2014Fans of animated superhero series may have just found the perfect tabletop RPG. From Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends to Batman Beyond, Icons: the Assembled Edition is designed to help you recreate those bold, colorful, Saturday morning adventures.Read more...
- You Want More Diversity in Your Pop Culture? Here's How to Find It September 23, 2014Many fans are demanding more diversity in comics, movies and TV. What you may not realize is that there's already a community of creators producing stories about diverse characters. Now is a great time to get into their work.Read more...
- The eruption of Bárðarbunga has been so large that it's added a landmass the size of Manhattan to Ic September 23, 2014
- A Perfect Marriage at Ottawa’s Mini Maker Faire 2014 September 23, 2014
- Eepy Bird Showers The Crowds With Diet Coke September 23, 2014
- New Project: How to Etch Permanent Volume Markings on a Kettle September 23, 2014
- Amazing Moments from World Maker Faire New York 2014 September 21, 2014
- Big Printin’ September 21, 2014