"When I get new evidence I change my mind. What do you do?" John Maynard Keynes
- Artist’s Way of Flow
- Being a Hippie Changes Something
- Periodic Table – a web side street
- Why Do Fallibilists and Nominalists Have Anything to Say At All?
- Meta Plus Recursion (and a topos for truthiness)
- More Bloomin’
- Bloomin’, if you cannot beat ‘em, take a closer look
- New URL for Symmetry-Hypotheses
- Its quaint events were hammered out
- The McGurk Effect
- Chiara Lubich Reformulated for Public Libraries
- Eyes Have It
- You’ve Been Warned
- Teaching Cartoon: Destiny
Connect Megoogle+ Linkedin Facebook Twitter visual experimentation Learning Partner: Experience-based Learning Systems, Inc. Profile academia.edu sound design and music: nogutsnoglorystudios Imaginal Musicology Rhythm River Twitter (Kamelmauz) Recordings Kamelmauz.Bandcamp Dr. Abdullah Ibrahim Mantra Modes (on hiatus)
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology charlatanry civic intelligence cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball fun as a value humor irrationality management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- Why Is International Shipping So Expensive? August 1, 2014If you've ever shipped an item across national borders, you've probably experienced a moment or two of sticker shock. But just what's included in the high price of sending something across country lines?Read more...
- True Blood Sent Me A Box Of REAL LIFE Vampire Props And Now I'm Dead August 1, 2014Earlier today, I received a box marked "TRUE BLOOD" that caused me to weep uncontrollably and I just had to share it with everyone who has been pro and conning True Blood with me for the last 87 years. Read more...
- Queen Of The Tearling Is Pure Tasty Fantasy Candy August 1, 2014Writers like Joe Abercrombie have done a lot to bring dirty realism to fantasy books, while people like Jacqueline Carey have added dark sexuality and complex politics. But sometimes you just want an upbeat fantasy where women kick ass. And The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen is the perfect sunny fantasy book. Read more...
- Robert Downey Jr: "Avengers 2 Has The Best Bad Guy Plot I've Ever Read" August 1, 2014
- Behold These Incredible Works Of Architecture Made Out Of Living Trees August 1, 2014Now these are the ultimate tree houses. Living trees are guided into the shapes of towers, cathedrals, and pavilions, creating wooden structures that continue to grow and bud and bloom.Read more...
- Why Is International Shipping So Expensive? August 1, 2014
- Evil FX Designs Incredibly Realistic Halo 4 Didact Costume August 1, 2014
- The Mantis Rideable Hexapod August 1, 2014
- Emergency CFL light gets a steampunk makeover August 1, 2014
- Laser camera trigger is both cheap and effective August 1, 2014
- The Riveting Results of a GoPro Video Apparatus Workshop August 1, 2014