"When I get new evidence I change my mind. What do you do?" John Maynard Keynes
- Periodic Table – a web side street
- Why Do Fallibilists and Nominalists Have Anything to Say At All?
- Meta Plus Recursion (and a topos for truthiness)
- More Bloomin’
- Bloomin’, if you cannot beat ‘em, take a closer look
- New URL for Symmetry-Hypotheses
- Its quaint events were hammered out
- The McGurk Effect
- Chiara Lubich Reformulated for Public Libraries
- Eyes Have It
- You’ve Been Warned
- Teaching Cartoon: Destiny
- Thinking About Tomorrow
- Typological Shifting
Connect Megoogle+ Linkedin Facebook Twitter visual experimentation Learning Partner: Experience-based Learning Systems, Inc. Profile academia.edu sound design and music: nogutsnoglorystudios Imaginal Musicology Rhythm River Twitter (Kamelmauz) Recordings Kamelmauz.Bandcamp Dr. Abdullah Ibrahim Mantra Modes (on hiatus)
- “The judgment of the intellect is, at best, only the half of truth, and must, if it be honest, also come to an understanding of its inadequacy. The dynamic principle of fantasy is play, a characteristic also of the child, and as such it appears inconsistent with the principle of serious work. But without this playing with fantasy no creative work has ever yet come to birth. The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable. It is therefore short-sighted to treat fantasy, on account of its risky or unacceptable nature, as a thing of little worth.” The Psychology of Individuation, CG Jung
Tagsa-ha! adult learning analytic psychology anthropology art biology charlatanry civic intelligence cognitive psychology consciousness critical culture critical thinking culture current events economics education experiential learning Freeplay Softball fun as a value humor irrationality management music my casual art new paradigms organizational development phenomenology philosophy poetry politics pseudo-science psychology quotes religion resources science social psychology speculations sports sufism teaching cartoons teaching story transformative learning urbanology web media
- "It requires a very unusual mind to undertake the analysis of the obvious." - Alfred North Whitehead
- More email newsletters July 2, 2014
- new language annotation software June 25, 2014
- Software, Culture, and Political Economy in New Media Capitalism June 25, 2014
- ye olde net… June 25, 2014
- re the big data explosion June 10, 2014
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
- If, during the long course of ages and under varying conditions of life, organic beings vary at all in the several parts of their organization, and I think this cannot be disputed; if there be, owing to the high geometric powers of increase of each species, at some age, season or year, a severe struggle for life, and this certainly cannot be disputed; then, considering the infinite complexity of the relations of all organic beings to each other and to their conditions of existence, causing an infinite variety in structure, constitution, and habits, to be advantageous to them, I think it would be a most extraordinary fact if no variation ever had occurred useful to each being’s own welfare, in the same way as so many variations have occurred useful to man. But if variations useful to any organic being do occur, assuredly individuals thus characterized will have the best chance of being preserved in the struggle for life; and from the strong principle of inheritance they will tend to produce offspring similarly characterized. This principle of preservation, I have called, for the sake of brevity, Natural Selection. [Charles Darwin (1859) On the Origin of Species]
- “It is essential to such a government, that it be derived from the great body of the society, not from an inconsiderable proportion, or a favored class of it; otherwise a handful of tyrannical nobles, exercising their oppressions by a delegation of their powers, might aspire to the rank of republicans, and claim for their government the honorable title of republic.” James Madison
- All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it. -Benjamin Franklin
Thinking Outside the Agora
- These Were Lovely Towns, Until The Waters Came And Covered Them Up July 30, 2014You can build to last, but it won't help if the waters come to cover up all of your amazing houses and town buildings. That's the harsh lesson that towns and villages around the world have learned too late. Just check out some haunting images of beautiful, scenic towns that have sunk underwater.http://io9.com/once-majestic-... Read more...
- Holy Mary Martin! NBC Casts A Woman As Peter Pan For Its Live Musical July 30, 2014NBC's live Peter Pan musical is turning into the most amazing thing that will ever happen on live television. Christopher Walken will play Captain Hook — and now Girls actress Allison Williams will take up the role previously played by Mary Martin, Peter Pan. This will be sensational. Read more...
- Danish Archaeologists Find Four Human Pelvic Bones Attached To A Stick July 30, 2014Researchers working near the Alken Enge wetlands in East Jutland have unearthed a rather gruesome artifact dating back to the First Century A.D. — a wooden stick bearing the pelvic bones of four fallen warriors. Read more...
- Jalopnik Watch Rob Ford Go For A Ride In Deadmau5's Nyan Cat Ferrari | Jezebel Exclusive: Tori Amos July 30, 2014Jalopnik Watch Rob Ford Go For A Ride In Deadmau5's Nyan Cat Ferrari | Jezebel Exclusive: Tori Amos Premieres New Video And Answers All My Questions | Kotaku My Weekend In A Massive Room Full Of The PC Gaming Elite | Lifehacker Learn the Basic Elements of Good Design in Under a Minute | Kinja Popular Posts Read more...
- Who Started As A Love Interest, But Then Became A Fully Fledged Hero? July 30, 2014Heroes need sidekicks, enemies and mentors — but most of all, every hero needs a love interest. And sometimes, the love interest helps out here and there. But which love interest shook off that role and managed to become a completely formidable hero in her or his own right?Read more...
- These Were Lovely Towns, Until The Waters Came And Covered Them Up July 30, 2014
- Ode to the Gameboy: 10 Projects Based on the Iconic Portable Nintendo July 30, 2014
- ASTROGUN Lets Players Shoot Incoming Asteroids In An AR environment July 30, 2014
- A Novel Compiled From Crowd Sourced Tweets About Writing A Novel July 30, 2014
- ODROID-W: The First Raspberry Pi Compatible Development Board July 30, 2014
- Stunning Layered Wax Type Sculpture July 30, 2014
Tag Archives: theorizing systems
1. In Guattari’s work, as opposed to scientific paradigms, paradigms that are schizoanalytic, rhizomatic, and chaosmic, involving processes rather than structures.
psychoanalysis, which claimed to affirm itself as scientific, [...] has everything to gain from putting itself under the aegis of this new type of aesthetic processual paradigm. [CM 106 CM=Chaosmosis]
2. A schizoanalytic approach to clinical treatment which, instead of describing the psyche in terms of structures or stages, views the production of subjectivity as a creative process.
Grafts of transference [...] [issue] from a creation which itself indicates a kind of aesthetic paradigm. One creates new modalities of subjectivity in the same way that an artist creates new forms from the palette. [CM 7]
3. The creative capacity of chaosmosis, the emergence of order from chaos, engendering new autopoietic entities; this ontological process is exemplified by but not limited to artistic creation.
art [...] engenders unprecedented, unforeseen and unthinkable qualities of being. The decisive threshold constituting this new aesthetic paradigm lies in the aptitude of these processes of creation to auto-affirm themselves as existential nuclei, autopoietic machines. [CM 106; see also 112] – J. W.
The Deleuze and Guattari Dictionary
Tu v dome:
Ladislav Durko – piano
Ali Kobzova – voice, violin
Bronka Schragge – cello
Ozo Guttler – drums
Martin Sutovec – banjo
The Heart asks Pleasure – first -
And then – Excuse from Pain -
And then – those little Anodyness
That deaden suffering –
And then – to go to sleep –
And then – if it should be
The will of its Inquisitor
The privilege to die –
Emily Dickinson 1830 — 1886
Also, for me, understanding this is the prime first order insight. What system is my being/doing mostly being-doing in? Consequence: the traffic is me; the traffic ‘over there’ is an extension of me, etc.
The bike won’t free you!
The advice aimed to promote biking is a second order directive, yet, until the differentiation of constituents of traffic is made explicit, these given constituents are identical with respect to how each is related to traffic.